This article by Rohan Chinchwadkar of IIM Tiruchi made me happy for more than one reason:
- It is from a faculty member from one of the newer IIMs
- It is well and simply written. It does not try to overdo its point
- It sources a recent piece of international research
- It shows a faculty member who is in touch with contemporary reserach. Good for students
- It was well timed – on the eve of the RBI Monetary policy meeting
- It presented a paper that had turned conventional wisdom on its head
Not much can be asked of an op.-ed.
Kudos to MINT for publishing it.