- China implodes economically and yet places surface-to-air missiles in South China Sea
- Crude oil collapses – Saudi Arabia totters – and Iran sanctions are lifted
- America pursues detente with Iran and normalises ties with Cuba and Vietnam
- America finalises a Trans-Pacific Partnership and excludes China
- Russia’s dispute with Turkey escalates and simmers;
- US and Russia battle over Syria on whether Assad should stay or leave; Turkey is in the picture and so are Iran and Saudi Arabia
- Guardians of money push interest rates to below zero! Who had heard of negative interest rates?
- Europe has never left its economic crisis behind and a clash of civilisation is brewing
- There is a US Presidential Election in 2016
But, the sad truth is that this is not theatre but real and the ending need not be a happy one. That is what I wrote in ‘Swarajya’ in a long-form article as to why we should be afraid of 2016. A reader trashed it calling it an ‘Idiotic Doomsday Prediction’.